Our inclusive community is founded upon a Christian ethos which welcomes and embraces all members regardless of their beliefs.
In partnership with other schools, we share a core set of Values (see Values and Worship section in Life at School tab) which are taught and underpin all aspects of school life.
We aim to:
- create a happy and secure environment where learning is enjoyable and in which children thrive
- reward and celebrate success – motivating each child to do their best
- have high expectations of all children so that every child achieves their full potential
- provide a broad, interactive and creative curriculum where children love learning
- uphold high standards of behaviour in a positive environment where children take responsibility for their own actions and respect the rights of others
- equip children to be responsible, respectful, independent, confident and well-motivated contributors to society
- instil an understanding of the importance of being good stewards of our Earth’s resources
- develop each child’s ability to identify, assess and manage risk
- create a whole school community which works together seeking and encouraging continual improvement
- develop home-school partnerships which recognise parents and carers as integral parts of the whole school community resulting in clarity about teaching, learning and achievement
- extend the school day through a broad range of extra-curricular activities which enhance the life experiences of the children
- foster the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all children
- encourage positive choices regarding diet, exercise and physical health for all
- provide fairness and equality of opportunity for all of our pupils
- and recognise, respect, support and celebrate our individual differences.