Friends of St James (PTA)
Welcome to The Friends of St James (PTA)
The Friends of St James (PTA) is made up of parents and staff at the school; when you join our school you automatically become a member. Every penny we raise goes directly to the school, benefitting our children and helping make our school an even better place to learn, make friends and enjoy their school experience.
The PTA can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org or through class reps. We welcome everyone at our meetings, which are announced via parentmail or via the newsletter.
As a PTA we have 3 main objectives:
- Re-enforcing our school community spirit with events like the Christmas and Summer Fairs and taking part in Oatlands Village Fair. We also arrange social nights for parents to get together with previous events including The Beer Fest, Quiz Nights, International evening and 5 aside football tournament.
- Adding a ‘little extra’ to our children’s school experience by organising visits from Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny, as well as putting on events such as The Junior Disco and Movie Nights.
- Raising money to pay for school equipment. In the last few years school funding has been cut in real terms so the money raised by the PTA is vital to pay for new equipment.
The PTA are proud that, through the generosity of parents and local businesses, we have been able to contribute to the school by paying for:
- Infant and Junior library improvements
- Infant and Junior library books
- School dining tables
- Equipment for Reception
- Outdoor play equipment
- Playground refurbishment work
- Christmas presents for children
- New Football goal posts
- ICT Equipment, including 25 ipads
There is never a shortage of requests for new equipment or things that benefit the children at St James, so our fundraising efforts continue. For the PTA to be a success we need parents to be involved. How can you help?
- Please volunteer at events, whether to set up, clear up or man a stall for an hour.
- Contribute to the Christmas and Summer Fairs; bottles and chocolates on the mufti days, smarties challenge, and 2nd hand goods are also important. Can you help with other donations and prizes, or put us in touch with people that can?
- Bake cakes for the cake sales and bring a donation to buy some! All money raised from cake sales is given directly to the teachers of that year to buy resources for their classrooms.
- Come to the PTA meetings, we welcome fresh ideas and want everyone to feel involved.
- Have a charity fund at work? Then please put us forward.
There are other easy ways to help us. Please see below for links to our Easyfundraising page and other ways you can contribute.
Thank you for your support
The PTA Committee
Friends of St James Primary School Weybridge Chair Report 2019/20
PTA Meeting Minutes November 2019
Friends of St James Primary School Weybridge - Chair Report 2018/19
PTA Meeting Minutes July 2019
PTA Meeting Minutes January 2019
Friends Newletter October 2018
September 2018 Newsletter
Do you regularly shop on-line? Then please register for Easy Fundraising by clicking here https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stjamesprimaryweybridge/ and we can benefit from each purchase you make.
If you are participating in an event, we are a registered charity and would love your support. Just email us at email@example.com and we’ll send you the details.